Thursday, November 15, 2007

Change my life!

Alarm clock. It really is the alarm clock which is ringing. Is it possible, that the night shelter underneath the warm blanket has once again elapsed? A big lump is beginning to grow in my throat. What is waiting for me at work again? I know. Too much work and a polite smile at the director, who is laying it on me. I have to find a way to receive the remuneration which was promised to me for the work I finished instead of others. All that is in front of me again is a late evening, with no time left to play with and talk to my children. An evening in which my partner will be as tired and fed up with the daylong race as me. I must not even think about money. Where does it disappear? There’s never enough of it.

These are the thoughts that rush through my brain at the sound of the alarm clock. They press me down; anxiety cuts into my bones. For a moment I stop and suddenly realise: this can no longer go on. I can achieve more. I have a choice. I can choose the brighter side. Find the freedom at work, in my relations with other people and in the relation with myself. Select the work and the means, which will bring me satisfaction and money in small steps. I chase away the darkness and the fear of my everyday life. I call …

No comments: